Friday, March 5, 2010

Visitor's Center Reunion

As many of you know I served a mission in Washington D.C. While serving I also had the privilege to serve at the Washington D.C. Temple Visitor's Center. It was one of the greatest and most rewarding experiences of my life. I made lots and lots of new, lifelong friends.

Last Saturday we got together at our Visitor's Center Director's home in Salt Lake. Elder and Sister Child (our VC Directors) are two of the most wonderful and generous people I know. Many of you may have heard of RC Willey. It is a furniture store that Elder Child began and helped to build years ago. Now it is a thriving business. Elder Child has a new book entitled, "How to Build a Business Warren Buffet Would Buy." Elder Child is the one on the left ;) It is his fascinating story of how to progress honestly and successfully in the world of business. Copies are available at Deseret Book.

We feel so blessed to have so many of us close together here in Utah. It has been an incredible experience watching each other progress and grow after coming home. So many are married, engaged, and even becoming mothers. Others are going to grad school. I truly cannot imagine my life without knowing these women and senior couples. Enjoy some pictures from our party.

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun night! I especially enjoy the last picture. Too funny!!

    WOW what an INCREDIBLE house! Is all their furniture from RC Willey?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang that house is beautiful. How fun to have a reunion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a house! Gorgeous. It's funny to see all those familiar faces wearing jeans now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mins, so from what I can tell you have to be gorgeous and fashionable to serve in the D.C. temple visitors center! Looks like a fun and wonderful group! When are you guys coming up to SLC to visit us??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting those photos Mindy!! Oh how I wish I could have been there! I was planning on coming, but then my cousin scheduled his sealing on the same day back in California...so unfortunately I have yet to officially reunite with my beautiful sisters!! You all look so amazing! By the way, congrats on shedding those pounds with your hubby!! What an accomplishment!! You've always looked great, so I'm sure you still look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete