Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life Happens.


We've all heard the expression, "when it rains, it pours. " And we have all experienced this. This past week was one of those weeks for us. It just kept pouring. I am learning that if it's going to pour, why not dance in the rain? Isn't life truly wonderful? No matter our situation, there is always something to be grateful for. I am grateful for perspective and that I married a man with a constant, eternal perspective.

Yesterday I learned this... "Instead of laying down a list of expectations for what your life should be, you can participate in the ongoing discovery of what your life was meant to be." - Thomas Kinkade

I know that we have a loving, attentive, intimate Heavenly Father who not only loves us perfectly, but knows us perfectly. My life now is more wonderful than I could have ever planned for myself. Mostly because I married Mr. Niu. He is all and more than I could have imagined to be with forever. Just as an example... Two Sundays ago I was putting on my favorite red necklace when it suddenly broke. Every piece went flying every which way. I wanted to cry. The first thing that Mr. Niu did after church was find every, single piece and carefully (and perfectly) put back together that blasted necklace. Now if that isn't love I don't know what is, haha. I have never known anyone so kind, faithful, honest, happy, loyal, generous, and drop dead gorgeous! I am blessed.

You know what, life happens. And I believe life happens for a reason. The sting of the moment will fade into understanding... it always does. And then we will look back with gratitude for the experience. So come what may and love it!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that so true! Thanks for the reminder! It always helps me when things go wrong to think of all the people in worse situations than me. It makes my problems seem so small. And what a great husband for putting your necklace back together. So Sweet!

    ReplyDelete