Thursday, February 24, 2011

Big News!


We are pregnant!!!!! I have been SO EXCITED to tell everyone. I am about 4 months along and everything has been going so well. My first trimester was accompanied by much nausea and exhaustion. I feel blessed to not have thrown up once. I strongly dislike throwing up. However, there were days/weeks I would feel sick ALL THE TIME and would have welcomed some release by throwing up, haha. Now that I'm into my second trimester I feel pretty good. I'm learning that the exhaustion will probably never go away. Mommy's body making a baby = exhaustion. But I'm loving feeling a bit normal again. I'm not showing one bit. I wish I was, but I'm sure I'll start showing soon and once I'm 8 months I'll wish I could be smaller, haha. I may feel/look a little bloated some days, but my tummy is pretty much as flat as it was before I got pregnant. We heard the heartbeat a couple weeks ago and it was such a precious experience. Jon's face lit up. He will be an incredible Daddy. We felt blessed to know there is actually something in there. The heartbeat was strong and clear. Doc said Mommy and baby are very healthy. I've been having lots and lots of dreams about a little baby boy. I guess we'll find out in another month or so. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Yay!! We are grateful we were able to get pregnant our first month trying. The Lord has really blessed this family. Due date is August 21st, our 2nd anniversary!

11 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! First babies don't show on bellies till later usually. Enjoy that flat tummy while you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mindy!! I am so thrilled for you! What a blessed baby to have you as a mommy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mindy!! That is such exciting news! I hope everything continues going well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news, I'm so happy for you guys!! Enjoy every second of it :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Mindy! You're going to be such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! We're glad that baby has such a wonderful family to join.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mindy, I came across your blog through the random blog thing and was shocked to see it was someone I knew! I couldn't not stop and say congratulation, that is SO exciting for you! :D I hope everything is going well with you and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shut the front door! How exciting is that? You will be the best momma ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! Being parents is one of the toughest jobs yet has far more blessings and benefits than can be counted!! You're going to be a great Mom!! You have a great role model!!

    ReplyDelete